Friday 12 June 2015

Scene 12

https://youtu.be/C6JRRooZ-xc

Scene 12 is set in the Givola's flower shop.
For this scene we needed all members of the cast to create the illusion that the other characters are in a flower shop.
In this scene Dullfeet and Betty go to the flower shop to meet Ui and Givola because Dullfeet is a journalist and wants to know more about Arturo Ui.
As the scene goes along, Dullfeet feels more and more threatened by Ui and Givola as he can see past their charming personas.

I'm holding a cane with flowers in this scene.
I think for this I need to think more about how I move with the flowers, because at the moment I'm just walking normally, and it looks boring.
So, what I'm going to do next time to improve is think of some the Checkov's techniques, aka; moulding, floating and flying.
I think either moulding and/or floating would be good to use for this scene for the flowers as flowers are meant to be beautiful and elegant, and it would be opposite to what the scene is actually about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment